Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great RGatward 2006-02-03 4:23

Pretty interesting shot Francisco, does look like it would be much use against a strong swimmer, and it spoils the beach too, pretty unpleasant sight. Reflecting on your note, I've been down to an EU beach border (Russia/Lithuania), and its also quite a descrete affair, the thing you show here just looks like it's been built to make a point rather than jsut practical reasons.

Incidentally, have you seen the scavenger hunt, this woudl make an interesting entry for it.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:08 AM
TE Expert

Default To RGatward: Fixing the broken border

Hi Richard,
I agree with you. This just spoils the beach. Anyway it helps a little the work of the Border Patrol. But there are always control cameras aimed towards the border and the Patrol officers around.
Nevertheless, a huge tunnel made by narcotic gangs was discovered near here last week...
Greetings,
Francisco
Old 04-08-2006, 07:30 PM
TE Expert

Default new photo

Update: I posted a photo of the Tijuana side of the Mexico/USA border, after the beach fence has been repaired; I titled it El Otro Lado (The Other Side).