Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good mryotsuya 2006-10-15 10:37

hello! i'm quite new to photography so i really can't claim to be an expert.i only comment based on how i feel about the photo and nothing really technical as i'm still familiarizing myself with the fundamentals. but i couldn't help comment about the background. i like the sharpness itself of the tiger, but somehow, i feel the background is not as soft as it should be.actually, i think its still a little bit sharp especially the leaves on the right and upon close inspection, it looks like a canvas similar to the ones used in paintings. i wonder why it seems grainy? i know the camera you used can make the background a lot softer than that to the point you can't almost distinguish it. I've never used a 300 mm lens. Can I ask if the background was originally as sharp as the tiger and you blurred it a little? i would have preferred a softer background making the tiger stand out more. right now it seems to me the tiger is a little 2-D but of course, that's just my opinion.=)

Old 10-16-2006, 01:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To mryotsuya: Hello!

Sorry, but I don't see any sharpness in the leaves? The tiger's body is blurred also - so anything beyond that will be blurred as well.

No, I didn't do any pp blurring - I wouldn't know how! :-)

Anyway, thanks for looking and commenting, much appreciated!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To mryotsuya: Hello!

=P okay i think i need to study more.=) i think i still see things quite differently (as my sis also pointed out). i also, saw the tigers in person just recently. they're really impressive especially when seen first hand.

regards,