Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good ryo 2007-12-04 12:53

Hi Charlie!

Nice photo, and I do envy your point of view! You caught a very beautiful light.

Now I'm obliged to do some nitpicking, alas... for I think the castle is a bit too centered, and that the photo would gain in strength without that much of the nineteenth/twentieth-century buildings of the Rue des Parcs on the right of the castle.

And the historian in me can't resist the urge to add that the church is not a a Cathedral, never being the see of a bishop, but a Collegiale, run by a college of canons (and even that is subject to interpretation) before Reformation made it a parish church in 1530...

Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ryo: Chateau de Neuchatel

Thanks for the comments. I corrected the wording and I agree and disagree on the castle being too centered. It is too centered to have the correct "art" composition but if if I crop the phot to change the centering I lose the foreground drawing you toward the castle. This is sort of like not shooting down the center of a tree lined road. It just doesn't look right.

I have another set of photos that I took a few days later that have a much more interesting sky. Perhaps I can shift it to the left and lose the more modern urban blight.

thanks
Charlie