Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great danos 2007-12-13 9:50

Ola dear Ana,
one more great shot from the nativity scene of Monsaraz.I like as the previous one the sharpness the contrasted,vivid and clear colours.The cobblestone pavement create a great depth and i can say that the masking people are paused,they looks like statues.Marvellous.

Regards,Danos

Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To danos: Hi Danos!

Thanks a lot! They are really statues, in real size, but they are statues. They are more than 40 altogether and have been made by the sculptor Teresa Martins. They have an iron structure and have been prepared to resist the weather conditions. The first one took place around 10 years ago, the statues change place every year and generally she creates a few new ones every year also. It's already a very important event for the village. As far as I know people take care of them very well, they're not damaged, which is something I really admire. I just love it, it really seems we go back in time. Generally it has lots of people on weekends, that's why I try to avoid those days, I think it's much more magical when it's not overcrowded. Next week I'll be on holidays and I'll go there to see how it is like this year, just hope the weather is good.