Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-15-2003, 01:55 PM
TE Newbie

Default thanks and more

Thanks for your wonderful critics. I Will repost this picture soon. Im leaving toronto tomorrow for amsterdam and back home to Israel (after 8 months) so it will take me a while. but dont think I didnt pay attention to what you've all said.

you know, with my first shots, I got some critics, and though - oh, ok, I will pay more attention next time. I didnt know I was actually expected to make those changes myself.
Only when reading Bobtrip's comment one day about people not doing anything about critics recieved I realized actual work is expected :)

have a nice week. Ill catch up with the new postings when I reach home.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:13 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: thanks and more

".... I didn't know I was actually expected to make those changes myself.
Only when reading Bobtrip's comment one day about people not doing anything about critics received I realized actual work is expected :)"

My comments were not meant to go that far. There is no site expectation that people should work on and repost their photos after receiving critiques.

I personally enjoy this site as a place to interact with other travelers/photographers. There is no way that I have time to comment on every picture posted here. I prefer to spend my time on the pictures belonging to those photographers who do more than 'drop and run'.

I don't think that my comments are definitive nor my edits superior. They are simply attempts to let the poster see their photograph through my eyes. If they disagree with my view, I have absolutely no problem.

Most of the criticism that I receive concerning my images seem to me to be valid. Some of them, I think wrong. But I value the 'wrongs' as they make me rethink my work.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:03 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: thanks and more

Bob - of course I dont think that you were forcing anyone to work on their shots... I just mentioned it as something I as a newbie didnt even know was possible.
please dont think that it was directed towards you in any other way than appreciation - it just that it struck me that ppl do that - I mean editing for shots. I just posted them then without touching - thinking it was an integrity thing...