Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Manamo 2008-02-12 9:02

Leilani, you found a nice new spot for great pictures!!! wow, those Clevedon shots are something. the good decision was to use this nicely lit foreground. The bad decision was not to include more. See this for example: http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo813688.htm. In this kind of shot, what you can do is find an interestingly lit/textured foreground and focus on it and use it as the anchor for your shot. Than you can compose the rest of your shot at will, placing the rest of the elements where they should...
I also like the horizon getting lost between the water and the sky. the colors there are subtle and beautiful. the sky is well textured with just tiny lines of clouds here and there.
Did you wait a little longer to get another palette of colors?
Have a nice day!
Marc

Old 02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Manamo: foreground

Hi Marc - I unfortunately did not get to wait for the light to change. I was being hurried along! So I could only stop for a moment to capture this and another before having to run to catch up with the others. I was so inspired by the place I will definitely go back to shoot more there sometime soon. It really is a great place for pictures! The whole day had a subtle pastel feel, well... if you could feel colours :), if that makes sense... Quite a nostalgic feeling to the day. This was one of the few I got with warmer tones. I see what you mean about the foreground. It doesn't look like it, but I'm actually up on a bit of a cliff. So I'll have to have a think about how I could get more foreground in. Kind Rgds, Leilani
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Manamo: foreground

You were definitely lucky to have such a good light then! some people wait and wait and...to get this kind of light!
Maybe the configuration of the place does not fit what I was saying int he critique.I was just trying to find any possible improvement.
I can feel the pastel color. We can feel with our eyes. Actually, it's probably the most solicited sense when you think about it. I can definitely sense the subtle pastel tones.:D
see you,
MC