Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great vjmite 2008-06-14 20:12

Hi Ian,

You have captured the power of the waterfall well here, with a fast shutter speed to freeze the motion. You were lucky to be there after rain -normally there is not much water going over the falls.

The rocks are not volcanic - they are a type of metamorphic rock called slate, which makes up most of the Oxley Wild Rivers area.

It would have been better to move slightly right so as not to have the out of focus tree trunk on the left. But maybe there wasn't much room to safely move here.

Cheers,
Vince

Old 06-16-2008, 04:35 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To vjmite: Re Apsley Falls

Thanks for putting me straight on the rocks Vincent - I was thinking of the general new england area with all its granite rock. In re-visiting the photo I should have looked more closely at the rock detail - it is clearly not granite!
And re the POV - I was as far along as I could safely get and cropping the photo wasn't an option either so I just left it there out of focus.
From the look some of your great photos it looks like you like to go bush a fair bit.
regards
Ian