Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great BennyV 2008-10-13 8:42

Hi Mike,

Five vertical Pentax K1000 images stiched? What a job! I like the result. The sharpness on the right is by far the best of the picture, but the whole is impressive enough. The bl/w gives it a timeless feeling, not inappropriate for a shot of 12 years old.

Strange how the scene looks so sunny and hot, even though it was shot in December. I'm sure it must have been cold up there.

Tagong is one of those places I check in every new China guidebook update, hoping it won't get too much attention. I was there in 2001 and absolutely loved it.

Benny

Old 10-14-2008, 03:39 AM
TE Newbie

Default To BennyV: thanks

Thanks for the comments. The weather there is bizarre, as you know. Got up that morning in Kanding, and it was below 0 celsius. By the time we got up to Tagong, it was warm enough for just a long sleeve shirt. In the panorama, you can see snow in the shadows on the left. I also always hope places like this don't get too much attention, but if they do get attention, I hope it's the good appreciative kind. Was looking through a friend's photos, and he had been here in 2006, met some of the same monks I met back then. They've added some new buildings on either side, fixed things up and painted everything, but it still looks like the tiny dusty Tibetan town it used to be.

Regards,
Mike