Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great edytungkal 2008-11-24 22:05

Hello Jose,
Its interesting to know that Cathedrals all over the world have beautiful architectures and you have captured from unusual angle to shown this historic building. Maybe just suggest to crop out the bright side on the top and framed it perfect. Last month i visited a small chapel to attend a mass in my city and its interesting that the architetctures are similiar and I have posted on ws, you can compare and hope you like it.

daniel

Old 11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
TE Expert

Default To edytungkal: Crop, WS

Hi Daniel,

I guess that the styles most used or imitated in churches are Gothic, "classic", resembling Greek/Roman architecture and Baroque (which is itself inspired by the classics), so it's no surprise that this Gothic cathedral reminds you the chapel you mention.

I see no WS anywhere, so I guess that you weren't able to post it yet.

Are you referring to the top right corner when you mention "the bright side on the top"? I thought about eliminating that window, but I find that cropping it would damage the compo and cloning it would be too disrespectful to the realism, so I have kept it.

Just curious: are you Christian?

Regards, José.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:59 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To edytungkal: Crop, WS

Hello Jose,
Yesterday after wrote some comments on your picture I can't opened trekearth all day and i don't know if other TE's friends can open it, i think this lovely site has a trouble yesterday!! But now its ok and after this soon i will post my version.
I found the details (interiors) on your ws's shot are very artistic and absolutely are more beautiful than my version and honestly i prefer the first ws as your main post. Anyway very well done Jose and thanks for that.

ps : Yes I'm Catholic...

greetings from Jakarta
daniel
Old 11-26-2008, 03:25 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Prefer the 2nd ws

Sorry....I means i prefer the 2nd ws as your main post, when you showed the beautiful details of the stained glass windows...

rgds
daniel