Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2009-01-09 13:46

Hello Marlene,
It's such a pity that poor Sudan is only known for its civil wars and violent suppression of uprisings, when it's actually an extremely friendly and hopsitable country. Others have told me similar stories about how they were given food and accomodation by the police in remote places. A very interesting story. Also an interesting picture. This man looks so proud and dignified in his peculiar but elegant clothes. There is a blueish hue that could probably be adjusted. A cropping to the left would get rid of a part of the uninteresting building and open space. But what a memory you have from this picture!
Best regards,
Gert

Old 01-10-2009, 08:28 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To holmertz: Blue

Hello Gert
Thanks for pointing out the bluish hue. I actually made 2 versions of this drummer - the other had a yellowish hue and I decided this one looked more natural. Also in the other one I had cropped out the buildings to the left, had placed him to the left and included more of the bushy vegetation on the right. In retrospect I should have posted this other one. It needed someone else to point out the obvious - thanks for being that person. I may repost later.

Regarding sleeping at police stations - I can recall 2 other towns in Sudan (Zalingei and Dinder) where there was no other accomodation available and so we had to again sleep at the police station. I wonder if these towns are more accomodating for travellers today? Thanks for the critique, Marlene