Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2009-06-10 5:05

Hi Mary,
I know what you feel. Most of my favourite pictures were taken in the pre-digital era. I bought recently a negative scanner with the hope that will help me to document it with a better quality but it did not change much. It is pity.
This place looks very pretty. I have never been there but last year I was travelling around Andalucia and it seems pretty similar in the architecture.
TFS
M

Old 06-12-2009, 02:02 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To mkamionka: Kasbah des Ouday´as

Hi Mariusz,
Thanks for your appreciation and shared experience. As I said in my Intro, I was hesitant to join and start posting because of the problem of pre-digital quality. However, 1, I have been learning more (time-consuming) tricks to improve old and damaged slides and 2, I have been surprised, pleased sand encouraged by the response so far. So I guess I'm going to continue posting old as well as as new.
This particular image could do with some sharpening (as I discovered after I posted -- I am realizing that it's a good idea to "open with" the Internet before posting because it's less forgiving than either post processing or slideshow software. You're right about this part of Rabat -- it is very pretty. The back and forth exchange of Moorish/Spanish and Portuguese styles is fascinating all across Morocco and Iberia.
Best wishes,
Mary