Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good jmfarace 2005-03-01 17:09

Hello Daniel,

I conducted a workshop on your image, hope you don't mind... let me know what you think of this modified version...

As I studied your image I found that the scene was absolutely gorgeous... the silhouette of the Bermanese temples and the golden and reddish light flooding the valleys below are wonderful…

But you may have a bit too much sky in photo... I think with my altered image you can appreciate all of the beautiful elements that you have managed to capture…

Old 03-02-2005, 02:04 AM
TE Expert

Default To jmfarace: Thanks for the workshop

Hi jmfarace, thank you very much for the workshop. Indeed your edited version makes the picture look a lot more dramatic. I do have a few questions as I am not such a proficient Photoshop user.
1 What does filter/ Poster Edges do? I tried doing it but the result was really weird. Maybe its because I dont understand what you mean by output 50%

2 Idem for saturation, what does output 20% mean. Is it just 20 points to the right of 0 on the Image/Adjustments/Saturation?

3 What does fill do, I tried looking it up on help but the result is a monocolor screen.

4 Finally, I would like to know how to apply the black frame the way u did it.

Than u very much for your workshop, and please feel free to do more if you feel so inclined as they really help.

Reagards

Daniel
Old 03-03-2005, 11:47 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To jmfarace: Thanks for the workshop

Hello Daniel,

Today I will give you direction on how to apply a canvas (#4 black frame) to your images using PhotoShop CS...

After you are satisfied with all of your changes to the image, adding a canvas will be your next step...

[1] file / open... pick image to add canvas to...
[2] image / canvas size
[3] width = 1.00 inch... height = 1.00 inch...
[4] canvas extension color = black
[5] ok
[6] image / canvas size
[7] width = .20 inch... height = .20 inch...
[8] canvas extension color = other
[9] pick on your photo or color pallet with curser (eyedropper)... this will be you next color...
[10] ok / ok
[11] image / canvas size
[12] width = 4.00 inch... height = 4.00 inch...
[13] canvas extension color = black
[14] ok

Note: you can adjust the width and height and color of canvas as desired...

Let me know if my instruction were helpful...

ENJOY!!!