Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great J_Burke 2012-05-09 7:09

Hi Martin,

Excellent point of view, perfect for the vertical format. Good, tight composition, I like the branches closing in around the frame. The lighting is excellent, the house very nicely side lit makes a big difference here I think...this is why its worth getting up early before the clouds make an appearance and the light disappears...one thing though, I'm not sure about the very bottom of the frame, the barge and ring slightly out of focus? Maybe f/11 would have sorted it or maybe thats what you were going for anyway...

Kind Regards,
James

Old 05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To J_Burke: a fine eye

James

You have a mighty sharp eye. No, whilst I could defend the soft focus on the FG and the red ring, I think it would have been better sharper, which is what I am sure I thought I was aiming for ! Indifferent eyesight these days often means a surprise when I view on the big screen ! I refocus the eyepiece from time to time, but it never seems quite right ! And glasses and cameras don't work for me - yet !

But it is pleasing in the main !

I have passed on your enquiry from yesterday to those I know aiming to arrange- watch this space !

rgds
Martin
Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Martin,

Thanks for that....I think at the moment I'm going a bit sharp crazy, I'm trying to make my own images sharper and get focus right and clarity so I'm looking for this stuff closely I guess....I've just finished reading the Ansel Adams book "40 examples" which was excellent and that pure photography approach has stuck with me a bit I think...

Like you say, the picture looks different on the back of the camera compared to on the computer screen and sometimes its easy to miss small details....A very good picture and it doesn't matter really! Just being picky...On here its easy to pass lots of compliments but its good to be critical if possible I think, in a good way obviously...

Regards,

James