Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rigoletto 2013-06-17 14:38

hi russ,
you keep on amazing me with the variety of your subjects and styles. after the woodpecker and christ, here comes a graphical architecture shot and further, in b&w. i would definitely go b&w as well, as is so much monochrome feeling in there. your note makes me think that women should go into the "male-classifed-business-areas" more and more. look at how this building blossomed in between the other two solid giants of concrete.
deniz

Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile To rigoletto: Your WS is fantastic...

I want to tip my hat to you -- I had cropped this shot once and there were trees and light poles in the bottom. Then I remembered: SIMPLIFY THE COMPOSITION. Out they went! But as your WS shows, I could have cropped even tighter!

We owe one another a long afternoon at a sidewalk cafe, but until then, let me respond to two other points.

1. Woody Woodpecker was also part of my childhood -- ah ah ah AH ah!

2. We also consider ourselves part of the tribe of the owl. Native peoples here use words for them that translate as "night eagle." Nocturnal, stately, and great observers from lofty perches.

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 PM
TE Expert

hi russ,

yeah, there is no limit to simplification.
once, they thought that atom was the simplest possible, now they went down to quarks
my personal choice in photography has always been "go as simple as possible", but when done with good taste (again, good taste according to me), i also love complex structures. my bunch of favourite photos on TE is a good proof for that.

and:

i always trust my sixth sense about people.
such a short period of "sharing" on TE with you gave me a strong feeling that the rest of it could come, just as it did in the past with some members here.
i already noted down that we will be having some good italian wine at that sidewalk cafe, one day, right?

deniz
Old 06-17-2013, 11:55 PM
TE Senior Member

The specification of Italian wine may have been an error! I had thought you were in Italy, but I think I was wrong. I'm sure there is Turkish wine, yes? And perhaps we can bring some from Texas, as well as from our other "home," Baja California Mexico!

Some day!

Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 AM
TE Expert

oh, i hadn't thought like that.
the nickname can be tricky, yes, but you had first replied to me with a turkish translation which i still remember.
yes, our wines are also very good, especially the ones from cappadocia, the land of beautiful horses and fairy chimneys

see, even in these forums we are learning about the world through photography.

hurray for TE!!!