Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KristinsCamera 2013-08-14 20:13

i like this one, russ ~
even if the top is somewhat blown out, that just adds to her "i've seen the light" aura :)

the detailing on her shell does look more like an illustration than a photograph, but i like it. nice cropping and pov.

all best,
kristin

Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 PM
TE Senior Member

Talking To KristinsCamera: Picking up my orphans!

Thanks for picking up my orphans, Kristin! I (and they -- they have feelings, too, you know!) appreciate it. Your well-chosen words demonstrate that you have thoughtfully tried to find SOMETHING positive to say about this shot!

I joke, but only slightly. On the one hand, points aren't any sort of absolute measure of quality. I try to pay more attention to the quality of the people behind the comments I get.

On the other hand, a shot that goes begging may have some serious lack of appeal. I study the zeroes in my portfolio to try to learn where I've gone astray. It could be that TE is just not the right audience, or it could be something more significant.

All that having been said, you may have noticed that I've been a complete critique-whore lately! I'm working hard to not let you stretch out your lead! ;-)

And rest assured that I will return to La Paz and shoot all of these statues with a renewed sense of purpose!

Have a great day/evening!

Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 08-16-2013, 03:51 AM
TE Senior Member

Default don't worry about points!

and don't worry about putting in a slew of critiques. the most important thing you can do, my friend, is just get out every day, every single day, and take photographs! get away from the computer and get back behind the camera

kristin