Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-04-19 1:28

Good morning Gert,

Another two lovely photographs from what appears to me to be a very pleasant city to visit, particularly as the people in both pictures all appear quite content with life, especially the young lady on the right in your workshop image who is giving you a great big smile! I've no idea what political part those people are representing but they all seem quite content and to lack the unpleasantness which seems to afflict so many groups of political activists. And that's a jolly photo too, helped not only by the happy natures of the people but also by the bright yellow umbrellas!

I like your main photo too and I can imagine that these two violinists could have been quite a joy to hear. They look quite composed and serious, as also does the man holding the young child, but their music scores read "Tango" so I can imagine the music might have been quite quick and rousing.

The red shirt and red interior of the case definitely add splashes of colour here - but is that in fact a violin case? And what is inside it? Those long things look too small and short to be violin bows and the case isn't the usual shape either. There is a case behind one of the players next to the fence - maybe this one was for their music stands? And I wonder if anyone was tossing coins into the case for them?

Anyway, I've ranted on too long. Two delightful and colourful photographs of excellent quality which I am sure bring back memories for you of a very pleasant visit to a very pleasant place.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:58 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: observations

Hello John, thank you again for your kind comments.

You observed and considered details that I never thought about, like what that case could have contained. It's fun when people see things in my photos I didn't notice myself, but it also makes me feel half blind. How could I not have thought of that?

Anyway, that politician represented a small party called United Slovenia, which I had never heard of before. The description makes it sound like a middle-of-the-road party promising to work for a better urban environment and similar uncontroversial matters. But who doesn't?

Yes, Ljubljana is a pleasant city, at least on a sunny day, with a youthful and lively atmosphere thanks to a large university. In fact all of Slovenia seems to be a well organized and relatively prosperous country, almost Scandinavian.

I heard there was a saying in the days of Yugoslavia that decisions were made in Serbia, noted in Croatia and implemented in Slovenia. That's where problems were solved and things taken care of. When Yugoslavia broke up Slovenia was far ahead of the other republics and the first one to qualify for EU membership.

Best regards,
Gert