Photographer's Note

folk museum of milies

Among the many attractions in Milies is the local folk museum located in the main municipality building. Its history begins in 1982 when a small exhibition of folklore objects opened in order to preserve cultural heritage. Its founder is considered to be Helen-Fai Stamati, she gathered rich material regarding Pelion cultural affairs such as traditional dresses, traditional arts and crafts.

The museum has a large collection of folklore objects containing writings, pictures everyday objects from the lives of various occupations, (saddle maker, blacksmith, street builder and many more), needlework, embroidery and woven from the local housewives. At the museum also exists a replica of the flag from the revolution of 1821. At the museum operates a gift shop, while an album from its founder titled “Milies, town of Mt.Pelion” is available.

ikeharel, No_One, danos, PiotrF, Vasa, Sonata11, omid266, rychem, clic, clic trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1319
Points: 32
  • None
Additional Photos by Costantino Topas (COSTANTINO) Gold Star Critiquer/Silver Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 11314 W: 23 N: 18506] (115673)
View More Pictures