Photos

Photographer's Note

Return to show the magnificent island of San Giulio on Lake Orta from a different perspective. In fact, this is the first impression you have after leaving the car park, continuing on foot in the village. Not a lucky light but still a remarkable sight.Orta San Giulio is an Italian town of 1 397 inhabitants in the province of Novara in Piedmont. It is part of the circuit of the most beautiful villages in Italy and is awarded the orange flag by the Italian Touring Club. Part of the municipality of Orta San Giulio is the only island of Lake Orta, the island of San Giulio, which is about 400 meters from the shore. The island is dominated by the former seminary building, built in 1844 on the ruins of the castle. The seminar now houses the convent of cloistered Benedictine nuns Abbey Mater Ecclesiae. On the island there is also the Basilica of San Giulio, the most important Romanesque monument in the Novara area.


Ritorno a mostrare la magnifica isola di San Giulio sul lago d'Orta da una prospettiva differente. In effetti questa è la prima impressione che si ha dopo aver lasciato il posteggio, proseguendo a piedi nel paesino. Non una luce fortunata ma comunque una vista notevole. Orta San Giulio è un comune italiano di 1 397 abitanti della provincia di Novara in Piemonte. Fa parte del circuito dei borghi più belli d'Italia ed è insignito della bandiera arancione da parte del Touring Club Italiano. Fa parte del comune di Orta San Giulio l'unica isola del Lago d'Orta, l'isola di San Giulio, che dista circa 400 metri dalla riva. L'isola è dominata dall'edificio dell'ex seminario, costruito nel 1844 sulle rovine del castello. Il seminario ospita oggi il convento di monache benedettine di clausura Abbazia Mater Ecclesiae. Sull'isola si trova anche la Basilica di San Giulio, il più importante monumento romanico del novarese.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 54
Discussions
Additional Photos by Luciano Gollini (lousat) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 14475 W: 125 N: 25661] (127315)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH