Photos

Photographer's Note

There are also 2 WS, I only show you the facade because it is forbidden to photograph inside.
The Colleoni Chapel, a Renaissance work by Giovanni Antonio Amadeo, is located on the Piazza del Duomo in upper Bergamo, leaning against the basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore.
Commissioned by Bartolomeo Colleoni, as its own mausoleum, it was built between 1470 and 1476 but not completely completed, some works were added later initially with the support of Alessio Agliardi.
The façade, made up of inlays and decorations in polychrome marble with white, red and black lozenges, has a rose window above the portal, on the sides of which are two medallions depicting Caesar and Trajan. Its geometry develops vertically, following three parallel bands, enclosed by two historiated pilasters culminating in two pinnacles joined by an elegant loggia lightened by ten mullioned windows.
The roof is formed by an octagonal drum, which rests on the loggia, and by the segmented dome that ends with the lantern. In the drum there is a small rose window, aligned with the larger one below, which contains the bronze serpent of Moses as if to underline a line of continuity between the biblical character and Colleoni.The upper part of the base of the facade contains nine panels with bas-reliefs, five depicting ten paired biblical stories: the Creation of Adam and the Creation of Eve; the Temptation and the Expulsion from Eden; the Work of Adam and Eve and the Sacrifice of Isaac; the Offerings to God of Cain and Abel and the Killing of Abel; the Hunter Lamech and the Death of Cain; and four bas-reliefs with the life of Hercules: Hercules and Antaeus, Hercules and the Hydra of Lerna, Hercules and the Bull of Crete, Hercules against the Nemean Lion.
Above the pilasters of the windows on the sides of the portal, decorated with floral motifs and medallions with small busts, there are the four statues of the Virtues.

Ci sono anche 2 WS, vi mostro solo la facciata perchè è vietato fotografare all'interno.
La Cappella Colleoni opera rinascimentale di Giovanni Antonio Amadeo, si trova sulla piazza del Duomo di Bergamo alta, addossata alla basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore.
Voluta da Bartolomeo Colleoni, quale mausoleo proprio, venne costruita tra il 1470 e il 1476 ma non completata del tutto, alcune opere vennero aggiunte successivamente inizialmente son il sostegno di Alessio Agliardi.
La facciata, composta da tarsie e decorazioni in marmi policromi a losanghe bianche, rosse e nere, ha un rosone sopra il portale, ai lati del quale sono due medaglioni che raffigurano Cesare e Traiano. La sua geometria si sviluppa in senso verticale, seguendo tre fasce parallele, racchiusa da due lesene istoriate culminanti in due pinnacoli uniti da una elegante loggia alleggerita da dieci bifore.
La copertura è formata da un tamburo ottagonale, che poggia sulla loggetta, e dalla cupola a spicchi che termina con la lanterna. Nel tamburo c'è un piccolo rosone, in asse con quello maggiore sottostante, che contiene il serpente di bronzo di Mosè quasi a sottolineare una linea di continuità tra il personaggio biblico e il Colleoni.La parte alta del basamento della facciata contiene nove formelle con bassorilievi, cinque raffiguranti dieci storie bibliche accoppiate: la Creazione di Adamo e la Creazione di Eva; la Tentazione e la Cacciata dall'Eden; il Lavoro di Adamo ed Eva e il Sacrificio di Isacco; le Offerte a Dio di Caino e Abele e l'Uccisione di Abele; il Cacciatore Lamech e la Morte di Caino; e quattro bassorilievi con la vita di Ercole: Ercole ed Anteo, Ercole e l'Idra di Lerna, Ercole e il Toro di Creta, Ercole contro il Leone Nemeo.
Sopra le lesene delle finestre ai lati del portale, lavorate con motivi floreali e medaglioni con piccoli busti, vi sono le quattro statue delle Virtù.

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 52
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luciano Gollini (lousat) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17480 W: 140 N: 28861] (138695)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH