Photographer's Note

This window belong to Jurilovca House, Tulcea, build in 1898
Muzeul Satului (Village Museum) it was founded by Dimitrie Gusti in 1936(and covering some 15 hectares).A number of peasant homes, barns, churches and mills, representing vernacular rural architecture, were transported from all over Romania, to a park along Herastrau Lake – always popular with families on weekend outings. However, several recent and a devastating fires have produced a depressing image of an outdoor museum that was intended to show the pride of Romanian peasants in their work and homes. Among them are rustic wooden churches and tall-roofed romanian houses with beautifully crafted shingles containing everyday accessories such as tools, butter-churns, hay forks, beer kegs and clothes. However, five of these were totally destroyed and 15 badly damaged.

HOBO, ChrisJ, Paolo, gary91, tiobibi, krishindu, bebeM, firesc trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 2004
Points: 63
Additional Photos by Isabela Andreia Sorescu (isabela_sor) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 2725 W: 1550 N: 8630] (47748)
View More Pictures