Photographer's Note

Bishop’s Palace(Serbian:Vladicanski Dvor) of the Serbian Orthodox Bačka Eparchy, situated at the beginning of the Zmaj Jovina Street, was designed by Vladimir Nikolić during the time of bishop Mitrofan Dević in 1901. The palace was built in the Serbian & Byzantine style. The outer decoration, with the pseudo-Moorish plastic forms, was done by Julijo Anika, the sculptor. The palace is also decorated with the three eparchian coats of arms: the first one is situated on the front wall of the palace, the second one on the wall facing the port and the third one is in the courtyard. The wall paintings in the dining room were done by the zoographer Vladimir Predojević, while the iconostasis in the St. Vasilije chapel was made by the Russian painter Vladimir Kurochkin.

pajaran trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 534
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Nikola Nadas (NickVu) Silver Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 11 W: 0 N: 319] (297)
View More Pictures