Photographer's Note

The Bishop’s Palace was built in 1901 on the site of the old one which was destroyed in 1849 in the bombing. It is located at the end of Zmaj Jovina street and is a masterpiece of architecture and the famous architect Vladimir Nikolic.

A palace is a combination of several different stylistic influences and therefore it has a very attractive appearance. Decorative elements in the court are the Byzantine and Eastern origin, but there are also elements that are reminiscent of the facade of Serbian medieval monasteries. The iconostasis court chapel is the original work of Russian painter Andrei Avceneva, a large dining room was painted by Vladimir Predojevic with scenes from the New Testament.

Photo Information
Viewed: 670
Points: 32
  • None
Additional Photos by Piotr Fagasiewicz (PiotrF) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 5636 W: 2 N: 11138] (52342)
View More Pictures