Photos

Photographer's Note

This photo is complementary to the last one that I have presented, and shows the sight towards the opposite side of the Main Square in Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

The slender belfry of the Cathedral, the apse, the girola and the buttresses are outlined onto the background of the image, under the light of the evening and with the shades on the ground of the square.

In the WS a scene of a few children playing in the fountain of the square.

Wikipedia Information: The primitive Romanesque church was constructed under the dedication of the Savior and Saint Mary, to which Alfonso VI did the donation of an area, for its construction in 1098. It was dedicated in 1106 by the bishop Don Pedro Nazar, turning into Collegiate church in about 1158 and Cathedral after 1232, for being since then a headquarters of the bishop of Calahorra - La Calzada. The construction of the current church began in 1158, preserving great part of the former one, these works were directed by the foreman Garçion. In the 16th century, the right part of the transept, was raised to realize the tomb of Santo Domingo.
It is constructed as a church of pilgrimage, because one finds it on the French way towards Santiago de Compostela, and has the characteristic ambulatory after the high altar, which allows the traffic inside the cathedral. The temple was declared National Monument on June 3, 1931.

Copyright © - This photograph is an intellectual property of its author, and is protected by the Law. The use or reproduction by any way without previous written authorization of the photographer is strictly prohibited.
Please contact: [email protected]


------------------------------------------

Esta foto es complementaria a la última que he presentado, y os muestra la vista hacia el lado opuesto de la plaza Mayor en Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

El esbelto campanario de la Catedral, el ábside, la girola y los contrafuertes se destacan al fondo de la imagen, bajo la luz de la tarde y con las sombras sobre la plaza.

En el WS una escena de unos niños jugando en la fuente de la plaza.

Información Wikipedia: La primitiva iglesia románica fue construida, bajo la advocación del Salvador y Santa María, a la que Alfonso VI, realizó la donación de un terreno, para su construcción en 1098.
Fue consagrada en 1106 por el obispo Don Pedro Nazar, convirtiéndose en Colegiata hacia 1158 y Catedral después de 1232, siendo desde entonces sede del obispo de Calahorra-La Calzada.
La construcción de la iglesia actual, comenzó en 1158, conservando gran parte de la antigua, estos trabajos fueron dirigidos por el maestro Garçion. En el siglo XVI, la parte derecha del transepto, fue elevada para realizar la tumba de Santo Domingo.
Está construida como una iglesia de peregrinaje, ya que se encuentra en el camino francés a Santiago de Compostela, y tiene el característico deambulatorio tras el altar mayor, que permite la circulación dentro de la catedral.
El templo fue declarado Monumento Nacional el 3 de junio de 1931.

Copyright © - Esta fotografía es propiedad intelectual de su autor, y está protegida por la Ley. Su uso o reproducción por cualquier medio sin previa autorización por escrito del fotógrafo está estrictamente prohibido.
Por favor contactar: [email protected]


Make : NIKON CORPORATION
Model : NIKON D7000
Software : ViewNX 2.0 W
Copyright : JOSEP MARIN
ExposureTime : 1/40Sec
FNumber : F8,0
ExposureProgram : Manual
ISOSpeedRatings : 100
DateTimeOriginal : 2011:07:01 19:32:52
ExposureBiasValue : EV0,0
MeteringMode : Division
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 18,00(mm)
ExposureMode : Manual
WhiteBalance : Auto
DigitalZoomRatio : 1/1
FocalLength(35mm) : 27(mm)
SceneCaptureType : Standard
GainControl : None
Contrast : Normal
Saturation : Normal
Sharpness : Normal
ISO Setting : 100
Quality : RAW–14bit
WhiteBalance : AUTO1
FocusMode : AF-A
WhiteBalanceBiasValue : 0
Lens information : 18,0-200,0(mm) F3,5-F5,6
Mode : 0
NoiseReduction : OFF

Photo Information
Viewed: 1989
Points: 48
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Josep Marin (josepmarin) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 7604 W: 190 N: 16197] (59385)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH