Photographer's Note

The Narrows Covered Bridge crosses Sugar Creek at the eastern edge of Turkey Run State Park and is a single span Burr Arch Truss covered bridge structure that was built by Joseph A. Britton in 1882.[2] The bridge is 141 feet long, 16.5 feet wide, and 12.5 feet high. This bridge has been acclaimed as the first in J.A. Britton’s illustrious covered bridge building career. His first wife died as he was working on the Narrows Bridge. He met his second wife, who was living at a farm not far from the narrows, while working on this bridge.
The Narrows bridge is one of the most photographed covered bridges in the state. It is accessible from a public road, three Turkey Run State Park hiking trails, and canoe trips on Sugar Creek. The famous bridges of Turkey Run include two covered bridges still standing over Sugar Creek: Narrows, and Cox Ford. There were three earlier bridges at the Narrows and the Turkey Run Bridge, located near Indiana Highway 47 and the Turkey Run State Park entrance.

Nobody trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 2471
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Tim Kathka (tkfun45) Silver Note Writer [C: 7 W: 0 N: 16] (113)
View More Pictures