Photographer's Note

The original bridge was built in 1843[3] by John Russell at a cost of $1,988. It was and is a double Burr Arch truss system. It has been swept away in flooding numerous times, most recently in 1972 after Hurricane Agnes[5]. Waters lifted the original structure off its abutments and carried it downstream. In 1973, following destruction from the hurricane, it was rebuilt at a cost of $321,302.[2]Note:[6] Its length of 180 feet makes it the longest single-span covered bridge in the county.

paura, feather, BWJ trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1522
Points: 14
Additional Photos by Brano Boskovic (brano14) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 426 W: 110 N: 633] (3454)
View More Pictures