Photos

Photographer's Note

"Human beings are made up mostly of water, in roughly the same percentage as water is to the surface of the earth. Our tissues and membranes, our brains and hearts, our sweat and tears - all reflect the same recipe for life, in which efficient use is made of those ingredients available on the surface of the earth. We are 23% carbon, 2.6% nitrogen, 1.4% calcium, 1.1% phosphorous, with tiny amounts of roughly three dozen other elements. But above all we are oxygen (61%) and hydrogen (10%), fused together in the unique molecular combination known as water, which makes up 71% of the human body."
-- AL GORE, "Earth in the Balance"

This is Marymere Falls a short hike into Washington's Olympic National Park, and deeper into a rain forest.

satyakki trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1840
Points: 4
Discussions
Additional Photos by Ray Anderson (photoray) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 1203 W: 1 N: 3169] (13981)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH