Photographer's Note

The Basilica of Our Lady of Luján, located in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina, has its origins in 1685, when the place was built a chapel, which in 1730 acquired the character of the parish.

This structure was demolished in 1905, when the new basilica was already in process construction. In 1887, the foundation stone of the Basilica was placed at the site where today stands the main altar. Father Jorge Maria Salvaire was who carried forward the construction in the early years. Many priests held the position until 1935, when the work was completed.

Currently, a pilgrimage held once a year, that go to the Basilica from the neighborhood Liniers city by a 70 km walk.

omid266 trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1467
Points: 6
  • None
Additional Photos by Andre Bonavita (bona) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1361 W: 113 N: 3423] (15051)
View More Pictures