Photographer's Note

Construction started in 1727 and completed in 1746 where the chapel of Nossa Senhora da Conceição existed, erected by the pathfinder Antônio Dias in 1699.
The Church, a landmark of Vila Rica's birth, is one of the most important in Ouro Preto, with a typical interior from the architecture of the first half of the 18th century and an altered facade in the 19th century. Project and construction of Manoel Francisco Lisboa, father of Antônio Francisco Lisboa, Aleijadinho, both buried inside the Church. Highlight for the eight side altars. In front of the first altar, on the right, Aleijadinho is buried. It also houses the Aleijadinho Museum.
Please see the Workshop too.

Construção iniciada em 1727 e concluída em 1746 onde existia a capela de Nossa Senhora da Conceição erguida pelo bandeirante Antônio Dias em 1699.
A Igreja, marco do nascimento de Vila Rica, é uma das mais importantes de Ouro Preto, com interior típico da arquitetura da primeira metade do século XVIII e fachada alterada no século XIX. Projeto e construção de Manoel Francisco Lisboa, pai de Antônio Francisco Lisboa, o Aleijadinho, ambos sepultados no interior da Igreja. Destaque para os oito altares laterais. Em frente ao primeiro altar, à direita, encontra-se sepultado o Aleijadinho. Abriga ainda o Museu Aleijadinho.

All Rights Reserved: Ricardo Mattos Copyright. Use in any form is forbiden without the written permission of the photographer

holmertz, ikeharel, Fis2, Ilonka1974, papagolf21, jhm, COSTANTINO, PaulVDV trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 32
  • None
Additional Photos by Ricardo Rodrigues (ricardomattos) Gold Star Critiquer/Silver Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1268 W: 14 N: 3253] (16454)
View More Pictures