Photographer's Note

The name of La Pastora has its roots in the devotion of the Divine Shepherd of Souls, the devotion that began in Spain and was introduced in Venezuela by Capuchin missionaries who arrived in the Venezuelan plains in 1716.La Church was completed in 1745. The earthquake of 1812 destroyed the original building. In 1851 Fray Olegario de Barcelona, chaplain of La Pastora, began building the current church, which was completed in December 1889.Y this parish is located in the oldest bridge of the bridges built in 1784 in Caracas.
The Church was declared National Heritage as well as the bridge.

siamesa, cfreire, lregoli trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 4622
Points: 9
  • None
Additional Photos by oswaldo suarez (oswaldo) Silver Note Writer [C: 6 W: 0 N: 10] (93)
View More Pictures