Photographer's Note

Also known as the Muscat blanc à petits grains or Muscat de Frontignan, in Greece it sometimes goes by the name of moschoudi.

This is a noble variety fairly popular around the Mediterranean basin and widely planted in other parts of Greece as well. However, only in Samos does it produce the fat, luscious wines for which the island is known.

The muscat grape covers about 97% of Samos’ vineyards, with the remaining 3% shared by ritino and fokiano - red grape varietals used for the production of rosé wines - and some rarer table grape varieties (including the astonishing kolokythato).

More about Samos wine

vasilpro, BWJ trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 6044
Points: 12
  • None
Additional Photos by Kostas Protopapas (kprotop) Silver Star Critiquer/Silver Workshop Editor/Silver Note Writer [C: 48 W: 13 N: 38] (417)
View More Pictures