Photographer's Note

It was founded in 1258 by Duke Sambor II as a branch of the Cistercian monastery in Bad Doberan, located first in Pogódki (Pogutken) near Ko¶cierzyna (Berent) and re-located in 1276 to Pelplin. By decree of the Prussian government of 5 March 1823 it was dissolved. Since 1824 the church is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pelplin.

Works for the brick building (Length 80 m, Height 26 m) started in 1289. The church was finished in 1323, additional work was completed in 1557.

tedesse trouve(nt) cette note utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 3672
Points: 6
  • None
Additional Photos by Aleksander Liebert (alexlie) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 368 W: 86 N: 775] (5359)
View More Pictures